Friday, December 5, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We're feeling the Christmas spirit here in the Harker home. We decided to do a few fun Christmas-sy things as a family, like visiting the Festival of Trees to start the season. Thankyou, Grandma Harker for the tickets, for the idea, for sharing such sweet treats, for basically orchestrating the whole outing...we had fun!!!
Caught me with caramel corn in my mouth... Joy & TaylorMikey, Grandma Harker, Kelli, & AddieKelli, Mikey, Addie, Grandma, Taylor & MeThat Gingerbread Castle was absolutely amazing!



We also made our annual Christmas countdown...each kid gets to have their own string of treats! They cut one off each night, until they eat the last one on Christmas eve! I'm terrible at keeping track of who has eaten what, but the kids are great at it. :o) I guess they want to make sure they don't miss a day of sweets!

We filled them with shortbread cookies, chocolate bells in green & red foil, white chocolate-dipped pretzels, and of course, christmas jelly-orange slices. Tradition!!! I remember those orange slices in my stocking as a kid!
Mark & I put a more grown-up treat in ours...almond roca! Taylor's is completely different from everyone elses...she has freeze-dried yogurt bits, arrowroot cookies, banana cookies, & baby fruit snacks. It's quite a bit of food for a little girl just learning to self-feed!
Here's to a great Countdown to Christmas!

No comments: