Hello everyone! I've decided that I'm gonna try to blog again. Wish me luck! In Mark's family, we're sending out weekly updates in an email, so I'll post them here as well. Hopefully I'll have a few cute pictures to add! :o) Here's Jan. 4th -10th:
Ok....here's this last week, in 100 000 words or less. :oD Yes, I know I'm late. Sorry....
Monday: Fist day of 'normalcy' as the kids go back to school, Mark goes back to work, & I go back to workout/shopping/housework. Christmas decorations are still everywhere. So is Taylor. So is Taylor's shedded diaper. Christmas....Taylor. Christmas...TAYLOR. *sigh!*
Tuesday: Much of the same as Monday...only more laundry. :oD ....& I thought it was done the day before!..... Christmas still isn't coming down. We still light up the tree & open the front windows to show everyone our Christmas spirit. lol! Maybe I can get Kelli to pull the plug on the outside lights.... So...anyone want to get the boxes down from storage for me?
Wednesday: I got to lead the workout today. you get SOOO much more tired when you're the one yelling out the counts & doing extra reps to show the new moves.... no wonder the instructors are always so ripped. lol! Bonus...I got to play with my sister, Mary, at Taipan trading. Taylor continues to strip off her diaper & insist on using the 'potty.' She's pretty good & can go on demand. maybe I should train her...naa.... She's still my baby. :o)
Thursday: New development---Kelli pulled the plug on the house lights. No more icicles for us! *sigh* First day of Women's BBall. First time ref-ing in a year! Felt good! i also played a game while mom Harker tended. Time to work on my shot---though we still won. It was still a lot of fun. I'm pleased with the sportsmanship we've got going this year. It makes all the difference. Last year was kind of scary. Christmas is still up. Anyone feeling sad that Christmas is done can come here for a pick-me-up.
Friday: The kids had early release today from school. I love those days, because they don't have any homework that I have to keep them working on. :o) Mikey * I even got to play for 30 minutes on the ps3 (he got to play longer--Mom's never get to play!). That evening, Mark & I went to dinner with some co-workers * his client that went public, Ancestry.com. We went up to Park City & ate at Grappa, a nice Italian restaurant. They have an amazing butternut bisque there! it was a great evening--the CEO of ancestry & his wife were just amazing people, & it was fun to talk to Mark's co-workers! I'm looking forward to running with them in June--Mark & I signed up to do the Wasatch Back. Time to train again!
Saturday: Mark's BBall game, Charlotte's wedding shower, & a visit to Jake & Melissa's beautiful new home. It's really closer than I had expected. :o) That's great news! Maybe we should have an FHE up there sometime.... Just saying...
Sunday: Things were so much more calm today...the kids sat quietly in Sacrament meeting. :o) Taylor actually went to nursery for the first time in a couple weeks (runny nose had stopped enough, finally). We even had most of the afternoon to ourselves...with the exception of choir practice. It was quite exciting actually. There's no sitter for the kids there, so they fend for themselves in the nursery right next to the chapel, although Kelli is supposed to be keeping an eye on Taylor. Taylor comes to visit us quite often. :o) one of her visits, Kelli actually noticed that she was leaving the nursery, but wasn't able to stop her from coming into the Chapel until she was halfway down the aisle. Normally, that wouldn't have been a big ordeal, but this time, Taylor had left her pants & her diaper in the nursery. :oD I think she's my first to streak in the chapel. lol! Kind of memorable! Even better was that when Kelli caught up to her, Taylor didn't want to be caught & let everyone know by screaming as loud as she could. So there was Kelli & Taylor in the middle of the aisle, struggling (Kelli), screaming (Taylor), & half naked (Taylor again). Nice. There's some excitement with choir, too....We're practicing some songs that I don't think will be approved by the bishop. (Note that I'm not the director anymore, & when passing the mantle, I was pretty sure I mentioned that only the use of hymns was allowed--anything else would have to be approved by Bishop). It was kind of crazy. :o) Afterwards, as Mark & I were picking up toys in the nursery with the kids, we picked up the drum & tambourine & started singing one of the songs--do you think they'd let us use the instruments in sacrament?! It really sounded great! lol!
That was our week from my view. Sorry it's long. I'd try to do better, but I talk too much anyway, so it won't happen. Maybe Mark should pick up on this again. Tag, Mark. You're it!
Joy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment