Monday, July 14, 2008

Back to the 4th!

OK--Reunion time is over. We're back to normal--almost. I think we have some sleep to catch up on! Zzzzz. :o) I also have some blogging to catch up on, so sleep will have to wait! Today's blog is going to be mostly pictures, hardly any words--just to make it easier so I can start planting some of the plants Mom sent me home with from her garden. So....here's a 'few' photos & videos to play catch up with!

Taylor's Swishing Hair in the Tub

She definitely loves the water--or is it that she just loves her Dad? She's a happy girl, either way!
The 4th. The kids had fun with their 'flag tees.' Kelli thinks her new blue shirt is her favorite! (blue has recently become her new favorite color). Here's Addie & Mikey before we head out for the neighborhood BBQ & fireworks. The kids are obviously enjoying this. :o) How often do we let them play with something scorching hot & dangerous, and actually cheer them on?!! We did have to tell Kelli & Mikey many times to back off, but Addie decided she was a bit more shy of the fireworks (and I hope her shyness lasts a few more years!). You can tell in this next video how nervous she was--and it's just a party popper! She did love stomping on snaps.... :o)


Taylor & her Daddy!

What is she saying?You've got to laugh at this one! :o) She was in the middle of saying something--you think I would learn to not take pictures of someone while they are speaking!!!

This video is of Taylor & how much she loved the wind we were getting that night. It got so windy, it took an adult on each leg of the portable gazebos to hold them down--I was worried we were all going to take off like Mary Poppins!

The wind did calm down before we started lighting off anything more than smoke bombs, parachutes, & sky spiders. No fires that night for us! (have there ever been?)


Kelli & her friends also had a great night on the 4th. They got an idea into their heads that if they put out water, apples, fireworks (meaning the streamers from the sky-spiders & parachutes), and stuffed horses, that they would be rewarded with a visit from the Pegasus's from Cloud Kingdom (ever seen Barbie & the Magic of Pegasus?).

Well, they said the Pegasus's wouldn't come until they saw the fireworks at night, so just before nightfall, Victoria's mom & I snuck to their little setup, took a few big bites out of the apples, dumped out the 'pink' water (as though it had been consumed as well), left some colorful feathers (from the wings of a pegasus, of course), and hightailed it out of there before the girls could come back.

Boy, were they excited to show us the pegasus's had come! They were still a bit hopeful the mystical creatures would come back & carry them to Cloud Kingdom on their backs.... :o) Oh, the imaginations they have!

The 5th. The next day, we went to G-ma & G-pa Harker's for some 4th of July fun & to celebrate G-ma's & Addie's birthdays. Here's a picture of them with the birthday cupcakes--watermelons & corn on the cob! Those were Sarah's ideas & hard work...Very cute, Sarah!There were lots of video games & water games (not at the same time, thankfully). It made for a great time with family!


Taylor's hanging out with Auntie Ambree.

Everyone loves the trampoline! Mikey was catching some air, thanks to Uncle Drew.Even Mark joined in on the fun! He was doing flips, but I thought of catching it on video a little too late--soon the trampoline was filled with little ones, wanting to play!

Mikey was a bit shy of getting his picture taken while swinging in the baby swings, yet he seemed to still spend quite a bit of time there! Use the other swings, Mikey!!! :o) Kelli's not shy!





Slip-n-slide FUN!










We also had a bunch of fireworks, homemade icecream & fun later that night, but for some reason, I'm still searching for the pictures! I think they may be on Mark's laptop--I'll send them on when I find them!

1 comment:

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I loved sharing 4th of July with your gang! Boy that brings back good memories! Slip n Slide.....the sprinkler under the trampoline...when Jeff and Jason were little they thought it was fun to watch the "lawn tractor" work it's way up the hose. Those were the good ole days :c)

Are you going to post about the reunion? I'm sorry I missed that, I'd love to see PICS!

Do you use your digital camera to do the videos? Or a regular video camera? I'd love to do those on my blog too. HINTS PLEASE!


Love to you all & every good wish!

Bonnie