We had the fun at Mary & Kelly's home in Twin Falls--we were wall to wall with blow-up beds & people! The girls (Kelli, Addie, & Mykenzie) were in Mykenzie's room, Mikey had the couch, Mark, Taylor, & I had one side of the living room, & David & Lucy had the other side. Mary & Kelly took great care of us, & I appreciate that they let us invade their home! I didn't get pictures of everything, though it may seem that I did!
Along with the fun activities you see here, we also had a picnic lunch at the park, many shopping excursions for the girls, frisbee golf for the guys (yes, Dad DID go! & did very well, from what I heard!), and a picnic at the Shoshone Falls--huge & an awesome experience! (I am still kicking myself that I forgot about taking pictures on that trip!)--HEY! MARK! He just saved the day by emailing me some pictures he took on his blackberry. They might be a bit fuzzy, but not bad--there's still the memories! Thanks, hon! Enjoy the pics I did get of everything else! We got there on Tuesday, but didn't start snapping until the next day, so here's WEDNESDAY:
This is a picture from our picnic area at Shoshone falls (thanks to Mark's phone). We were up on a hill, with gigantic trees towering over our table of pb&j's, (though the shade kept moving for some reason. :o)
The sound of rushing water was constant & quite noticeable--even from our picnic site. Those are large waterfalls! The water level was only about half of what it can do. Aren't they beautiful?
Notice the rainbow hiding between Mikey & Kelli? It was a breathtaking view! We were quite high in the sky!
Though this lookout spot was completely inclosed, I was still worried someone would fall off the edge. Eek!
After the picnic at the Falls, we went back to Mary's for some rest.:o) Just a bit older.
Addie, Mykenzie, & Lucy
She looks so sweet & innocent! Probably because she is. :o)
We had a 'fishpond' for the kids--Kelly took some re-bar stakes & some string with rubber edged spring clips (like clothes pins) & made some fishing poles. Each kid had their own pole & down in the 'pond,' we had a bag of stuff for each of them to reel in (treats, toys--anything inexpensive). I think the biggest hit (besides the treats) were the bug catching kits. They ended up catching worms (I know--eew!), ants, rollie pollies (wood lice), & even a dragonfly!
Mykenzie
Lucy likes her candy!
Here's the birthday cake with Mykenzie, Addie (aka. birthday girl), & Lucy.
Notice how Kelli's licking her finger? Guess where she had her finger just before I took the picture! Guess who else had their fingers in their mouths... (say all the kids in the picture) Guess how many little finger marks the cake had! I think they liked the Cool Whip.
Grandpa Sherwood had the honors of cutting up the cake & serving. I think he just wanted to like his fingers inbetween servings--kind of like the girls did. :oD
Porter liked his cake, too! He was trying to scoop up bites for a while with his sucker, for maximum sugar intake, but decided the fork worked better. :o)

When the day was done, we found there was only 4 more locations covered with cake & cool whip--on each of these cute kids' faces! And their hands. And their hair. Well, some of them did (Addie!). What a perfect way to end the day--a nice warm, sudsy bath! In the pool! What could be better?! This might be the last year for these girls in the tub together. :o)
Mark found a couple books at a yardsale we went to in Garden Valley...you never know what you're going to find! We also found the original trilogy of Starwars on video--Mikey was one happy boy.
Grandma & Kelli both had their eyes on this little tea set. The girls have had lots of fun with this! This is their first tea party--we made sure they had juice, crackers,fruit & popcorn. :o) They were in 'heaven!'
Since we've come home, we had a bunch of neighbor girls over for a party--complete with sugar in the sugar bowl (that wasn't MY idea)--what a fun mess! Who ever heard of dipping Swedish Fish in sugar & eating it? I don't think any red gummy treat needs more sugar! They've asked if Kelli could come out & play with her tea set since then, but Kelli was stuck inside (loss of priviledges is a reoccuring theme in this house), so they asked if they could just play with her tea set.... Hmmm....
Saturday evening was a fun, relaxing evening. We started out with a swim up at Terraco (again, kicking myself for forgetting the camera!), then headed back home for a bit of a nostalgic activity for the Sherwoods--a hotdog & marshmallow roast in the fire pit! :o)
Remember all those? I do have to say we didn't have any flaming marshmallows flying through the air & into someone's hair this time, but we did have some singed marshmallows!
Cuddling with Grandpa Sherwood before breakfast on Sunday morning. See? I told you Dad was good with the little ones! Look at how happy they are! :o) When Sacrament meeting was over, we headed out early to make our trip home. Thanks for having us over & taking such great care of our family!
When the day was done, we found there was only 4 more locations covered with cake & cool whip--on each of these cute kids' faces! And their hands. And their hair. Well, some of them did (Addie!). What a perfect way to end the day--a nice warm, sudsy bath! In the pool! What could be better?! This might be the last year for these girls in the tub together. :o)
THURSDAY
We started out the day with a round of Frisbee golf. The course was set up on the middle school grounds, and there was a lot of walking! This picture was taken after the long walk--I think the little girls got a bit more tired than the rest of us! :o)
Here's Mary--posing for our Frisbee excursion. We forgot to bring the camera out on the course. Too bad. There were lots of goofy moments that would have been great on film for all to enjoy! I realized I have a very limited ability where Frisbees are concerned, and I think I wasn't the only one who had to hop a fence to snag their wildly-thrown Frisbee!
Here's Addie & Grandma! I think Addie loves her Grandma!
We actually forgot to open birthday presents until the next day--who need presents on their birthday?! Not Addie! I honestly think we could have gone home without them, and she never would have realized what she was missing!
I think she was really glad we did get to the present-part of the birthday celebration. :o) This was a princess match game that came from Grandma & Grandpa Sherwood. Good choice!
I think Mikey was glad, too. Maybe just a little wishful that it was HIS birthday. :o) Notice how he's got a hand on Addie's new princess jammies...not exactly excited about what came out of the bag, but still wishing it was his turn. :o)
This was a little Princess Kelly doll. Addie's pleased. ;o)
I think most of us had a blast in Mary & Kelly's trick hammock. :o) The trick was in getting out!
Mikey (above) & Kelli (below)
Mom & Mary, stuck in the swing. :o)
I didn't get footage of Mary trying to get out, but I did of Mom! (Sorry, Mom!) It was just so funny, I couldn't help but add it in! Consider yourself lucky, Mary!
The pool held such an attraction for everyone!--the kids because of the water fun, the parents & grandparents because of the excitement & fun the kids were having! (I personally enjoyed getting splashed every now & then!) Mary had Kelly & Dad hooking up the hot water from the washing machine to a hose running out to the pool--add cold from the hose outside & wah-lah! It was wonderful!

The girls were having fun spitting the water. Yuk! At least the water wasn't chlorinated!

Addie's blowing bubbles from these sweet-smelling ice cream cone bubbles--I think hers smelled like coconut!
Grandpa Sherwood with some Taylor-time....He's always been good with the little ones!
On Friday morning, Mark, Dad, Mom & I went to the open house of the Twin Falls temple--how wonderful for the saints there to finally have a temple so close! It was very beautiful--great lengths are always taken to ensure the best for the House of the Lord. :o) Thanks to Mary & Kelly for keeping an eye on our kids!
We then packed up and headed forMom & Dad's home in Garden Valley. It's always nice to come home. :o) Mom & Dad take very good care of their home & yard--the gardens were impressive! Good work, Mom & Dad! Dad even worked hard to spray for mosquitos to make our stay more pleasant. (Thanks, Daddy!) The kids spent a lot of time picking strawberries, and surprisingly, there were not a lot of stained hands & mouths! I think they must be growing up. :o)
Saturday evening was a fun, relaxing evening. We started out with a swim up at Terraco (again, kicking myself for forgetting the camera!), then headed back home for a bit of a nostalgic activity for the Sherwoods--a hotdog & marshmallow roast in the fire pit! :o)
Remember all those? I do have to say we didn't have any flaming marshmallows flying through the air & into someone's hair this time, but we did have some singed marshmallows!It was a great vacation, and a wonderful reunion, & I know that even if we weren't all together, we wanted to & will get together someday--all of us! Love you, family! Joy




No comments:
Post a Comment