Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Happy 31st, Mark!


I know I just posted the other day (the date said Friday, but it was Sunday evening by the time I got around to finishing the post), but I just had to share a couple pics from Mark's Birthday yesterday! It was great fun to celebrate--the kids were totally wired--as if they had already eaten the cake! Congrats on getting older, Mark! Happy Birthday! I love you! He turned 31 years old yesterday, and I'm happy to announce he didn't get any extra gray hairs from it (although I think I may have, from prepping the party)!






We initially thought Mark was going to have to work late on his birthday, but I was pleasantly surprised when he called about 4:20 with the news that he would be able to celebrate with the family tonight! Huzzah! What a surprise! I was excited!

Then I realized the house was a mess with toys, dishes, shoes, dirt, etc. We still had to wrap presents. Dishes were piled in the sink, and dinner had not even been thought of--let alone the cake! Ack! Mark had at least given me some ideas before getting off the phone, so like a whirlwind, I enlisted the help of Mikey & Kelli in cleaning, wrapping, & cooking! They were troopers. Kelli picked up toys & Mikey wrapped presents while I stormed through the dishes. (Addie was conveniently taking a nap--as was Taylor).
Then we cooked together, baking a cake, washing strawberries, cutting up chicken to grill, stirring up some potatoes supreme, making fruit soup, making koolaid (which we completely forgot to drink at dinner)... The kids stirred & washed & opened cans & crushed cornflakes till they said their arms were falling off! :o)

Addie woke up and joined in the fun in time to pour most of the bottle of teriyaki sauce on top of the potatoes supreme instead of in the ziploc bag of chicken, but we were able to fix that problem quickly, though the bag of chicken had a few potato shreds in it. :o) She poured the rest of the bottle in the bag & squished the bag to 'help' the chicken marinate. (the perfect job for her level of curiosity!)



It was fun to see the kids realize making dinner was hard work. Mikey told Mark, "We made sooo much FOOD!" with the sound of one about to pass out. :o) I have to admit, I loved the help & wouldn't have made it work in time with out them. Thanks, Mikey, Kelli & Addie!



I also had a great day--with the kids back in school, I had extra motivation to get out & exercise! It was great to throw Addie & Taylor in the stroller & walk/jog to Kelli's school when she was done with Kindergarten. It's about a 3-3.5 mile round trip. It felt great! I have to say though, that stepping on the scale this morning, I have not lost any of the last 20 lbs of baby weight. :o) And I was sooo hoping to lose at least 3 with that trip! Ha! It'll come!

Just a quick thought/question...Why is it that no matter how many times you tell a three year old that a certain wrapped item on her Daddy's bedside table is NOT a candy, but a yucky cough drop, she will inevitably sneak it, try to chew it up, and then spit it out into a pool of gooey red mess on your carpet & not tell you until you've accidentally stepped on it? It's not like it was her first cough-drop offense, either. Did she think it would be different the next time? Hmm...Just a thought. :o) I do have to say that Mark enjoyed having some 'extra grip' on the bottom of his sock...very stylish and (kind of) functional! We do love our sweet Addilyn! Here's a picture of her 'dancing like a princess'--which is what she's been begging me to watch her do all day--then begging to take a picture of it so she can see. :o) Three is fun!

Thanks to everyone who have already responded to our last blog--we have a couple ideas & are still accepting more. We already have a motorized edger that takes an .080" line...I know there are thicker lines out there, and there are also more expensive edgers out there than the one we bought a couple summers ago... I did have another thought, though--how about just taking out the sidewalks? That would remove a lot of the edges we have to do! I'm sure the City of West Jordan wouldn't mind too much!


Have a great day everyone!


No comments: