These wonderful people that came for Taylor's Blessing (and Mikey's Baptism) are a part of my family: My Mom, Anita (she's holding Taylor); my little sister, Mary & her daughter, Mykenzie (her cute little Porter didn't make it into this picture); my Dad, Gary; and my oldest daughter, Kelli! It would have been nice to have my other siblings here as well, but that's life. :o) Just know I thought of you all!
I was so glad my Mom, Dad, & Sis could come & stay with us! We had so much fun talking, laughing, walking, & making memories--not to mention playing chicken-foot! (No Dad, we aren't going to post the scores. :o) I'm just going to savor the sweet victory by myself!) By the way--If anyone is interested in learning an addicting game, let me know! We'll invite you over for an evening of fun!
Taylor & her Mom (that's me!)
She loves giving solemn looks. :o) She must be thinking hard.
He was so cute, jabbering away about Taylor (I'm assuming). He kept crawling closer and closer to her, 'talking' all the while...Looking at me while talking, then looking at her, and finally patted her on the head (quite gently), then jabbered a bit more, and crawled away. :o) Such a happy little guy! We kept telling him to give her kisses, but he never quite got his face in close enough.
I thought this picture was so sweet. What else is a blog for, if not too bore everyone with a thousand pictures of the same baby?!!!
I love those little legs! Believe it or not--those shoes are a little over a half inch too big!
I loved this picture, because it shows what a puff-ball her little 'do' is. :o)
On Monday, when Taylor officially turned 3 weeks old, she celebrated the milestone in an interesting way. I had just turned my back on Taylor for a few seconds when she screamed out in pain. I whirled around, to see if anyone (meaning Addie) was poking or pinching her, but there was no one. She was screaming like she was getting a third PKU test done (boy, do those tests bring tears to a mother's eyes!), so I raced to her side to see what was wrong. You know how babies' hands ball up into little fists when they cry hard? Well, Taylor was doing exactly that, only she had a fistful of hair & was pulling on it as she tried flailing her arms! Poor girl was pulling her own hair! I felt awful that she was in pain & crying so hard, but how can you not laugh?!! Don't worry--I unraveled her hair from her fingers, & she calmed right down. :o)
I don't know what's going through her mind, but she looks concerned! Maybe she's worried someone is going to pull her hair again. :o)
Thanks to everyone who posted their vote on our Taylor look-a-like poll. The results are in--check it out on our side bar. (It looks like Mikey won). I've since decided that my vote has changed--I no longer can make up my mind as to who she looks the most like! Different faces she makes reminds me of all my kids...that may be attributed to the fact that they all looked so much alike! Oh, well. It'll be easier to see their similarities/differences as she gets older. :o)
Have a great day, everyone!!!




1 comment:
It looks like everyone had a great time! It makes my heart ache to see you all together and me so far in NC!
You have my best wishes!
Love
Bonnie
Post a Comment