Saturday, May 3, 2008

We're proud of our Mikey

Today was a very special day for Mikey and our family. I was able to baptize and confirm Mikey today. He was pretty excited and said he felt good after the baptism. We are excited to have family and friends visit here with us today.



I definitely don't feel old enough to be baptizing my own son, but I'll get over it. He had to miss his soccer game today - Definitely a more important event than playing for the Red Dragons this week (That's right - no more raspberries, thank goodness :)

Grandma and Grandpa Harker with Mikey and I



Grandma and Granpa Sherwood made the treck down from Garden Valley, Idaho to be with the grandkids.






Tomorrow is Taylor's blessing day. What a big weekend! We're loving it! (We understand all of you who can't make it because the blessing will be happening right before the Jazz game. That's right, Jake - you're kids are sick is the best excuse you've got? Go Jazz!)



Mikey had his birthday last week and had a great time. He's been cruising around on his new scooter all week. He wanted fruit again with his birthday cake, so he got a trifle. Joy does a great job with the kids cakes - she's very talented. This is Mikey's Star Wars "cake" (can't you see in candles the resemblance to light sabers?) If you look close, you'll see Luke Skywalker & R2D2 standing on the mountain of strawberries in the center. I've posted some other cakes that Joy has make in the past couple of years for the kids.
Kelli's 2007 Princess Castle cake
Mikey's 2007 "Pancakes" birthday cake

Kelli's birthday cake in 2007

Mikey's Dinosaur birthday in 2006

No comments: