Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bad Mommy Day ~ Kelli's Award ~ Taylor's Tooth!


OK--so this day (so far--it's only 2:30) has left me feeling like a "Bad Mommy"--why? I'll start from the beginning! I sent the kids off to school, with super-busy/overworked Mark dropping them off (when he had hoped to leave about 20 minutes earlier--let's add 'bad wife' to the list).


No sooner had I sent them off & had pulled Taylor out of bed (we had to get ready for Addie's preschool starting in an hour), I realized that I was having a 'bad mommy' moment--why?


Kelli had earned an award at school, and was going to be recognized for it that morning--in 15 minutes! I had forgotten! Eeep! Make-up was rushed on, baby's hair got done (but she wasn't fed--got the most important part done, didn't I?), and the three of us ran out the door, shoving a camera in my purse. We got there on time (Whew!), but after taking a couple of pictures, the batteries died. Hmm. As you can see from the picture, Kelli received the "Climbing Higher Award" along with some other children in the school...she received the award for excellence in reading her sight words & in completing schoolwork. Way to go, Kelli! You sure are doing well & I'm pleased with your hard work!!!

This picture shows a cropped/close-up of Kelli & her friend Ashlee. Notice how Kelli isn't holding her certificate? It's because of a 'typo' with her last name...how many ways can our last name be misspelled??? Well, apparently one more way! "Harkness?" Hmm....You are a cutie, Kelli-belly!


After all the hurrah was done, we raced home to feed Taylor--but only had enough time to give her a half-feeding.... bad mommy! We were off to Addie's preschool. On time! Feeling better.

Taylor & I worked on feeding her again & ran a few errands...While we were out, Taylor gave me something to hip-hip-hurrah! about...she just had her first tooth pop through! That would explain the rough time trying to go to sleep last night---she was awake/asleep off & on until about 2:30am--with ME being asleep more than she was, I'm sure! I was SOOO excited to tell Mark about it (but of course, my phone wasn't in my purse, for some reason!). Here's the best picture I can get for now--not a very clear one!


Hopefully the arrow helps a bit! :o) Time flew by, and I suddenly realized (as we were checking out at the store), that I was already 5 minutes late picking up Addie! AAACK! Bad Mommy! It was 12:15--almost 12:20--by the time we got to Addie, and had to pay the $5 late fee. :o( I can't stand to be late! Addie seemed fine with it...she had gone into the daycare room next door and was happily gluing on 12 black accordion legs onto her paper-plate spider, and was asking if she could stay for lunch!


My next 'bad mommy' moment came after I fed Taylor again & went to put her down for a nap a few minutes ago--Her diaper STILL hadn't been changed for the day! She was asleep, & I had to change her diaper & hope she would go back to sleep! Taylor doesn't seem to complain much, but still....Poor girl! Please tell me I can go to sleep now!!! A fresh start would be nice! I'm hoping the rest of the day will be better. I've already started out on a better foot by having some chocolate--not a reward--out of necessity! :o)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

So I'm a day late reading this. You are so not a bad mom!!!! But what a crummy day! Hope today was a lot better.