Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bathing Beauty

H F.H.E Family Home Evening was great fun this last Monday night. We all went to Ambree & Drew's new condo for a swim at the clubhouse & a BBQ. It was Taylor's first experience with swimming, and though I was nervous, she proved me to be an overly concerned mommy!
The weather was quite hot enough, & there was enough shade from the surrounding buildings, and the water was perfect! Taylor hung out mostly in her jammies, but donned a bathing suit for a few minutes for pictures. I was quite nervous about her going into the water (I hadn't gotten in yet, & didn't know it was so nice--& I'm picky about the temp!). I actually said that I wasn't planning on her getting into the water (as I handed her to Mark, who was in the water...hmm...I was asking for it!). She wasn't so excited about Mark's freezing hands, but quickly calmed down & enjoyed it--especially when Mark moved into the shade so the sun wasn't in her eyes.
Ok. She's not exactly ecstatic, but a calm baby is good...right? Here's Lily & Griff. Lily thought the 'running around the pool' part of swimming was great! Griffin enjoyed playing peek-a-boo with his hat, though the water part was just great, too.


After the BBQ, Ambree & Drew let everyone take a turn on their new scooter. I was a bit wary to head out--maybe I was tired, maybe I feared for the care of my newborn...maybe I'm batty. :o) I'm sure Mark thought the latter.

Kelli was beaming--cheeks splitting & all-- to be on the scooter with her daddy. :o)


Mikey didn't seem to want to get off! I think this is his second ride.



Kelli was disappointed to report to me this morning that the Tooth Fairy Failed! I was shocked, of course, since Mark & I were talking about the tooth fairy just before we went to bed. I pointed out that she did forget to put her tooth under the pillow the night after she lost it (she accidentally waited a day), and maybe the tooth fairy had already come the night before. I gave her a suggestion to write a note. She forgot to do that, too. So I told her she had better leave it on top of her pillow, so the tooth fairy would not miss it for certain this time. I'm hoping it all works out. :o)




I forgot one detail about this last weekend--Mikey had his last soccer game on Saturday, & got a plaque/trophy for being a 'valuable player.'--as did every one of his teammates. :o) They were all quite indispensable. Way to go Mikey! Your first season under the belt, and hopefully many more to come. You can tell he's not exactly thrilled to be there-that's because we had just left the Harker reunion & all the fun there to go to his game, then head back for the rest of the fun. He hadn't exactly figured out how much fun he was going back for & thought the reunion was going to be all over. Buck up, kiddo! There's always more fun to be had if you keep a good attitude! We actually got back just as the pinata was breaking, so he got to dive into a pile of kids & candy...he quickly forgot how bummed he had just been. :o)


By the way--Mark has been spending some free time (I know--you all laugh, 'what free time?!') putting something together on the blog. We now have a collection of Mark's choice music selections for you to listen to and enjoy. We have it set up to play only if you choose, so check it out! It's on our side bar. My favorites these days is "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz, & "Over the Rainbow" by IZ. Great fun!

"What a wonderful world!" Have a great day! Joy

2 comments:

Charley said...

Wow, it looks like you have been busy! It looks like tons of fun though! I can't believe how big Taylor is getting!

Melissa said...

I love that top picture of Taylor. It's sooo cute. I also love those cute little toddlers! :)

Melissa