Monday, June 16, 2008

She did it again!

That Kelli-girl...she sure has gotten over her fear of pulling teeth! This is what I woke up to this morning:




Holy cow, little girl! Last time she just about shuddered at the very idea of having a tooth pulled out--and that last tooth would have fallen out if she sneezed! Not this one. I didn't think we'd be visited by the tooth fairy for at least another 4-5 days. Kelli must be motivated by the $1 and treat the tooth fairy brought last time. :o) I had to tell her to not get too excited to pull anything else--both of her front teeth on top are loose as well!


Yesterday was a fun Father's Day--we celebrated by giving Mark the traditional hand print cookies (at least it was a fun tradition in my family when I grew up--we've at least done something with hand prints since Mark began celebrating his own Father's Day).



Breakfast doesn't look too appetizing in this picture, but it's actually pretty good--brown up some hash browns & sausage, then scramble an egg right into it, then sprinkle with cheddar. Mmmm. :o) He also got a couple of ties--which are always desperately needed. His other ties are starting to look a bit worn, thanks to Addie--she loves to sit on Mark's lap every Sunday & twist his ties. It's a bit annoying--especially for Mark--but we're working on it! After church, we spent some fun moments playing hide & seek, and a bit of Uno with the kids. Kids can be so funny about hide & seek. Addie's favorite thing is to wait until we've found everyone, then tell us she's going to be hiding in a certain spot--usually the spot we've deemed 'the best.' Her element of surprise comes from a frightening tiger growl she yowls when she's 'found.'



Mark was worried about this video being published, with the fact that he was wearing a necklace that Addie had strung around his neck--I think of that sprite commercial, with the daddy having a tea party with his little girl, then she starts dressing him up until you see him answering the front door, letting his buddies in while all covered with make-up, hair extensions, & jewelry. I don't think Mark would let it go that far, but he is a good Daddy for his little girls! What a great sport! :o) Oh yeah--this next clip shows where Addie gets her growl:




We definitely had our fun with Hide & Seek. :o) We're quickly running out of spots, though. I had the thought to move all the furniture & hopefully create a few more options for hiding. Just a little note to you, Mark--I love you! You are a hard worker, a peacemaker, a teacher, & a wonderful father for our kids--it couldn't get any better. :o)
Saturday was the Harker Family Reunion--held at Ponch & Rochelle's home. It was a blast! We had lunch (traditional picnic-style), then a lot of activities. The kids had a 'fish pond', there was water-balloon volleyball, regular volleyball, a water balloon toss, then water balloon fight, a pinata for the kids, gunny sack races, bubble popping, the Jello Drop, and then fun on the slip 'n slide. We all came home thoroughly exhausted, & thoroughly happy! Here's a bunch of random pictures that we managed to take--though it was very hard to leave the fun to 'press the button' for a while. :o)

Here's all the kids with their pinwheels & super-star sunglasses.


Kelli & Grandma Harker tossing water-balloons



Addie & Brooke--before all the water fun 'broke loose'


Addie hopping in her gunny sack.



After the pinata....sugar-happy kiddos!Mikey felt the pinata fun wasn't over until he had worn the chicken on his head. :o) (The pinata was either a chicken or Big Bird. Who knows.)


We had lots of slip-n-slide fun. Mikey did much better this year than he has ever done!
Mark stretching back for a slightly misplaced volleyball. He actually did jump--it just doesn't look like it. :o)

Kelli was pretending to be a little water horse, and did a great job of it. I think there was more water out of the kiddy pool than in it. If you haven't seen the movie "Water Horse," I'd suggest it. So would Kelli. So would Addie. :o)

Brooke with her cupcake.

Taylor, wishing she had a cupcake.



Kelli already enjoyed her cupcake.

I wanted to share these pictures of Taylor. I promise I did not comb her hair up in the back--this girl has a serious cowlick!!!



Oh, I just want to snuggle her! Isn't she a sweetie?!



The look of perfect innocence.

Mark went paint-balling for the first time & got a few war-wounds that he was quite proud of. These aren't all of his wounds--there were a few more on his back that we found after all the dirt was washed off. :o) I think he liked going! This brainy accountant has more 'army' in him than you'd think!



Well, that's all for now. Hope you are all having a wonderful week so far! :o)

Joy

2 comments:

Jake said...

Kelli,

I will be by soon to collect my cut of the tooth fairy money.

Love,

Uncle Jake

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

What a fun post! I loved watching the videos! I played them again and again and again!

Your kids are adorable...

Love you all!

Bonnie