Kelli's hair has been driving me nuts for the last year!!! She didn't EVER want a haircut because she wanted her hair long and beautiful...like Victoria's (her neighbor/friend). Since then, Victoria decided on her own to get her hair chopped short (THANK YOU!!!).
So today, I told Kelli that it was time for another trim (she had gotten her hair trimmed a couple times, since I insisted her hair wouldn't grow properly without one). I asked her if she wanted her hair cut short like Victoria's for the summer, and she agreed!
I almost didn't ask one more time to be sure--it was too good to be true! She was still excited about her choice....So to make it fun, we did some picture documentation of before & after. Way to go, Kelli! 
Next, I just need her bangs to either grow out, or convince her to cut them, too! Her cut isn't perfect, but it is an improvement in the quality of her hair!!!
She wanted to keep some of her hair in a bag, so she could remember how long it was. I have to admit, it was the longest length I remember her hair ever growing to. :o)
The sad thing is that Addie wanted her hair cut short like Victoria's, too.
I had a love/hate relationship with her hair. I loved it when it was brushed, but wasn't exactly happy with how it looked when Addie wouldn't let me brush it. So about everyother day for one hour, I loved it. :o(
I winced when I took the scissors to it. I'm still not quite sure if I'm happy with it! ---Though Addie's thrilled!
It'll probably grow on me. :o)
It had grown (with a few trims) to her tailbone--which is within a few inches of the chair when she sat. We cut off a pony tail of a little more than 9 inches, then trimed a little more. She seems quite happy with it!
Right after cutting her hair, we got her dressed to go play outside, doing her 'do' up into piggy tails on the top of her head--she promptly said, "I look like 'Ba-kenzie'," with a big grin. (That's her cousin, Mykenzie, Mary's little girl.) :o) Well, at least I'll get to use less detangling spray for a while! Addie now looks about a year younger. Too bad. I really need her to grow up a little more these days. :o)
The sad thing is that Addie wanted her hair cut short like Victoria's, too.
Cheer up Joy! This is a good thing! Ok. I'm alright. Who knew haircutting could be such a rollercoaster?!! :o)




No comments:
Post a Comment